For our site policy, please click here.
Last updated: 07/06/2022
President & CEO : Yuji Kitano
Executive Vice President : Tomotaka Komura
1. Basic Principle Relating to Privacy
Creatures Inc. (hereafter “the Company”) recognizes the importance of Personal Information. The Company believes that protecting Personal Information is a social responsibility and will comply with laws and regulations concerning Personal Information in addition to internal Company regulations. The Company is committed to properly acquiring, using and managing Personal Information.
3. About Personal Information
Personal Information refers to the data regarding individual users that can identify its users. Even in the case that the information alone cannot identify such users, such information is included in the category of Personal Information if it can, in collation with other Personal Information, easily identify the individual users.
4. Personal Information Collection and Purpose of Use
Personal Information collected by the Company may include, but is not limited to the following.
- Affiliations (school name / Company name)
- Name (including pseudonyms)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Works, such as illustrations
- Academic background, employment history, qualifications, etc. through employment applications
- Information regarding device and/or internet connection
- Usage history, browsing information, etc. on the Company’s website
- Information necessary for using services provided by the Company
The Company uses the information provided by users within the scope of the following purposes. The Company will not collect Personal Information or use the Personal Information for any other purposes without the consent of the data subject, unless otherwise permitted by laws and regulations.
[Information of Users]
- To confirm content of inquiries and formulate replies
- To provide the Company’s products and services
- To provide various information related to the Company’s products and services, its affiliates and partner-companies, in addition to informing about events and campaigns
- To improve the Company’s service; to develop new services and for advertising, promotion and marketing;
- To display, introduce or to advertise our products, services, etc. on the Websites and applications or any other media.
- Analyzing the user’s information such as the browsing history together with the past or present user’s or any other user’s Personal Information includes statistical or presumed information(under this policy, “analysis”), the company may presume the interests, preferences, purchasing trend, attributes, creditworthiness, etc. of users and may use it for marketing, distribution of advertisements or other measures based on the results of such analysis and estimation.
- To improve our products and services, and for research and development
- The Company may analyze the Personal Information in relation to users we collect for improvement and development.
- To provide Personal Information to any third party in accordance with the rule of the Company in order to achieve the above mentioned purpose of use within the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws.
[Information of Participants in Events Planned and Operated by the Company]
- To help event coordination, confirm applicant qualifications, examine applicant works, etc.
- To communicate upon winning awards, inform illustrators regarding contracting opportunities, etc.
[Information of Customers]
- To communicate and correspond with users in the course of business, manage contract relationships
[Information of Employment Applicants]
- To judge applicant’s credentials
- To contact applicants about the results of applications
5. Management of Personal Information
The Company ensures the following regarding the management of information provided by users.
1). Information Accuracy
Every effort will be made to ensure that the information provided by users is accurate and up-to-date.
2). Information Safety
The Company has established rules specifying how to handle Personal Information carefully and has implemented the following measures in accordance with the rule so as to prevent Personal Information the Company is handling from unauthorized access, disclosures, loss, modifications and to manage Personal Information appropriately. If you have any questions regarding the Company’s safety measures, please contact us. The contact information is described in “7. Requests for Notification, Disclosure, Updating, or Suspension of Personal Information”.
- To implement measures such as managing instruments, electronic devices and documents that handle Personal Information by locking and setting a password in order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosures, loss, modifications and measures to prevent Personal Information from being easily discovered when such equipment, etc. is carried, including within the office.
3). Supervision of Employees
The Company ensures that employees and officers are thoroughly informed, educated and trained in safety management and other rules of handling Personal Information in accordance with the Company’s rules.
4). Supervision of Contractors
The Company entrusts the handling of personal data only to a contractor that fulfills the requirements under the Company’s internal rules, and will supervise the contractor for proper management of Personal Information. If the entrusted party is located outside of Japan, the Company implements appropriate safety measures after obtaining the relevant information on the legal system and related laws in the country or region where the entrusted party is located.
5). Information Storage and Deletion
In general, the information provided by users is stored for a period of three years and then deleted at the end of that period. Additionally, information will be promptly erased if it becomes unnecessary even within the period of storage.
6. Providing Information to Third Parties
Other than specifically permitted by law, the Company will not share Personal Information provided by users with any third party without the prior consent of the users. In case of a decision to share the information provided by users with a third party, the Company will ask for the consent of the user, and clearly state the information to be shared and the purpose of such sharing.
However, the Company may entrust Personal Information to other businesses to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
Furthermore, when sharing Personal Information provided by users to a third party in a foreign country, the Company will take all necessary measures, such as obtaining consent in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations.
7. Requests for Notification, Disclosure, Updating, or Suspension of Personal Information
When the Company is requested by a data subject to provide notice concerning the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion or suspend provision to any third party of Personal Information, the Company will respond to such request appropriately in accordance with the regulation the Company provided. Please contact us at the address below for specific and individual instruction.
KUDAN-KAIKAN TERRACE 9F, 1-6-5 Kudanminami, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0074, JAPAN
Contact Form for Inquiries and Questions
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
8. Contact regarding Personal Information
The Company will respond promptly and appropriately to customer complaints and other inquiries regarding the management of Personal Information. For inquiries regarding Personal Information, please use the above contact information. Please note that, depending on the content of the inquiry, the Company may not be able to respond.